The Refuge


  • chevron_rightI have a street light out on my road. Who do I contact to get it repaired?
    To report issues and outages related to the street lights in The Refuge, please contact the Pearl River Valley Electric Power Association. They can be reached at 601.264.2458. 
  • chevron_rightWhat day of the week does garbage pick up in The Refuge?
    Lamar County sanitation garbage trucks pick up in The Refuge on Monday of each week. Here are some specifics to remember.
    1. Household garbage only.
    2. Place all cans approximately 5 feet away for the nearest public road without blocking the mailbox. If you have more than one can out, they need to be separated at least 2 feet apart.
    3. All garbage must be in a county provided garbage can. If you need additional cans please call 601-794-6663.
    4. All garbage shall be bagged before being placed in the can and the accumulated weight of all materials in the can shall not exceed 200 pounds.
    5. No metal drums or other heavy receptacles are allowed.
    6. No tree limb branches.
    7. No metal or building materials.
    8. No dead animals.
    9. No hazardous waste, paint, oil, antifreeze, etc.
  • chevron_rightWhat all items need to be submitted to the Architectural Review Committee (ARC) for approval?
    Here is a list of items that need to be submitted for approval by The Refuge ARC before any construction can start.
    • All new construction home builds
    • Proposed remodels and additions to the exterior of the residence
    • Detached structures (third car garage, shop, gazebo, etc.)
    • New fence builds
    • Major landscape improvements
    • Clearing large trees from landscape
  • chevron_rightWhat is the process for submitting for Architectural Review in The Refuge?
    First, login into your member account and download the ARC submittal form that correctly matches what you are wanting to submit for approval. Next, fill out all the information that pertains to your project (please included drawings and photos if available) and submit to Once submitted, your information will be reviewed and you will have a written or verbal response from someone on the ARC review board within 3 business days.
  • chevron_rightWhere can I find replacement parts for my mailbox?
    The mailboxes in The Refuge were designed by Staco Signs in Hattiesburg. All replacement parts can be purchased through them. They can be reached at 601-264-0064. Just be sure to tell them you live in The Refuge.